During the Crack the Crack event you can expect:
- A safe environment where participants are free to fully express their identities and views.
- Participants respect the value of others’ ideas, backgrounds and technical abilities.
- Participants seek first to understand, then to be understood and to own the impact of their words and actions.
- A place for collaboration, where participants – regardless of experience level – work together to discuss issues and explore ideas around data, technology, career planning, and the progressive movement.
- The relationships and conversations remain respectful, participatory and productive.
- An environment where people are free from discrimination or harassment. If you are harassed or witness harassment, please refer to the anti-harassment policy below.
- Participants will obey campaign finance and other applicable laws.
- Unless otherwise stated, content is considered off the record and confidential. However, we cannot guarantee confidentiality, and participants should use their best judgment.
- To have fun.
Crack the Code is dedicated to providing a positive environment for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, nationality, age, beliefs or religion.
We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for Crack the Code. Anyone in violation of this policy may be expelled from Crack the Code at the discretion of the organizers.
Harassment includes but is not limited to: offensive verbal or written comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, nationality, beliefs, or religion; sexual images in public spaces; deliberate intimidation; stalking; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption; inappropriate physical contact; unwelcome sexual attention; unwarranted exclusion; and patronizing language or action.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior or other acts in violation to our Code of Conduct or contrary to the concept of a safe environment, the organizers may take any action they deem appropriate.
If you are being harassed, notice someone else being harassed, see behavior detracting from our goals, or have any other concerns, please notify one of the event organizers.